...

System 1 vs System 2

Traditional market research focuses on System 2 thinking, but our proprietary technology is able to evaluate consumer System 1 responses to products, which is what drives purchase decisions.

About 95% of all choices we make are System 1 decisions that exists at the subconscious awareness level. The remaining 5% of our choices belong to System 2 thinking, a conscious, effortful, slow and controlled way of thinking that requires attention.

docd5oc

SYSTEM1

Emotions & Intuition
Group 17cvbcvb95
Unconscious
Fast
Associative
Automatic pilot
Group 179xcv6

SYSTEM2

Rational thinking
Group 1cvb796
Takes effort
Slow
Logical
Lazy

System1 examples
Which pasta sauce to buy
Whether to change lipstick colors?
Solves 2+2=
Drives a car on an empty road
Chooses a chocolate bar at the store

System2 examples
Which college to attend
Which house to buy
17 x 24 =
Compares two washing machines
Fills out a tax form